Location: Gatlinburg, Tennessee
People Group: Tourist and locals
Date: May 25 – August 5, 2018
In the chaos of a resort town, Smoky Mountain Resort Ministries summer missionaries deliver a message of hope to those who live, work and play in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. In the middle of major attractions, special events, and campgrounds, students lead worship, organize events for international students, minister to locals, and participate in community events. Summer missionaries will work and live with a team of college students while being mentored by local leadership.
Students will plan, organize and carry out worship services on Sunday with worship partners. All students will be required to speak and participate in aspects of music.
Another main ministry is with international student workers working in the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area. Ministry will include coordinating two meals each week for international students, providing transportation to Wal-Mart and the Social Security Office, and organizing social events.
Throughout the summer, students will participate in a variety of seasonal ministries. An extensive list of our ministries can be found on our website at www.smrm.org.
Students will be provided with a stipend for their work.
Each week, students will participate in a book study lead by local leadership. In addition, students will write weekly reports reviewed by leadership, and meet one on one with leaders to check in on accomplishing their goals, as well as their spiritual and personal well-being.
Willing to take Baptist and non-Baptist students that are active in their campus BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministries) and attend an evangelical church.
- 10 (5 male, 5 female)
- Students will live in community with their team in a house located a short 5 minutes drive from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Gatlinburg’s Arts and Craft Community.
- Students are permitted to bring their vehicles and will be reimbursed for mileage when used for ministry purposes, but vehicles are not required.
- House Parents live alongside students to provide emotional and spiritual support to students and will cook three meals per day.
- Students will be provided with a stipend for their work.
- 1 year of college completed
- Public speaking ability
- Group leadership
- Musical talents
- Language (Spanish, Mongolian, Russian, Mandarin, Korean)
- Ability to work with Children
- Knowledge of the outdoors