Location: Arlington, Texas
Date (Summer): May 27 – August 1, 2018
Date (Short-Term): May 1 – December 31, 2018
Date (Semester): August 1 – May 31, 2019
Cost: $200/month for food
Mission Arlington is a way of life that works to share the Gospel of Jesus through meeting people’s physical needs as well as teaching Bible studies. Mission Arlington serves in over 340 different apartment complexes, mobile home parks, nursing homes, and neighborhoods to have Bible study, after-school programs, ESL classes, and other outreach events to build relationships and share Jesus with families. At the main Mission Arlington office, we help families with food, clothes, housewares, furniture, medical care, and dental care.
Student volunteers become part of the Mission Arlington family the first day they arrive. They will have the opportunity to serve with one or more of the apartment churches. Here they will help lead/teach Bible studies, assist kids with their homework, do food give-aways, host movie nights, and many other activities. When students are not serving in the apartments, they will help at the Mission Arlington office. Here they will help counsel families in need of assistance, work in the food pantry, give out clothes, organize donations, and other things that are part of the day to day work at Mission Arlington.
We have a weekly worship time for all the Mission Arlington staff, volunteers, and Bible study leaders. This is a time of singing, teaching, and prayer. We also have daily devotion times at Mission Arlington. Each students will also have another staff and/or Bible study leader that will work with them each day. Students will get to learn and grow in their walk with Jesus while at Mission Arlington.
Willing to take Baptist and non-Baptist students that are active in their campus BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministries) and attend an evangelical church.
- Short-term – 4 (2 male, 2 female)
- Summer – 10 (5 male, 5 female)
- Semester – 4 (2 male, 2 female)
- We will provide housing for each student. If multiple students are serving, they will live with each other in one of our Mission Arlington apartments or houses. Guys will live with guys and girls will live with girls.
- Students are responsible for all of their meals. Most days lunch is provided at Mission Arlington. Students are able to shop from our Mission Arlington food pantry. If they need or want food not available here, they will be responsible for buying it at the store.
- Mission Arlington will take care of their transportation since there is no public transportation system in Arlington.
- 1 year of college completed
- Hard worker
- Willing to serve people
- Teaching Bible Study